Captain Tom Cornicelli
A Consummate Professional
Captain Tommy Cornicelli has been professionally guiding for 43 years and has been recognized as one of the most well known and progressive guides in the country today. A native of Long Island, New York he has received widespread acclaim for his combined talents as a wildfowl artist, waterfowl guide and charter boat captain.
A much sought-after speaker and consummate teacher, his presentations on waterfowl hunting, fishing and carving seminars are unparalleled. He has been a guest speaker at Cabelas, Orvis, Coastal Conservation, The Ward Foundation as well as numerous outdoor clubs and sporting good stores throughout the nation. If you heard Tom speak, you heard just a taste of his powers of observation afield and the ability to communicate these insights. Whether it be field shooting for geese or fishing, this highly respected veteran guide is considered by many to be one of the best in the business and his passion for the outdoor life is exhibited in his art, photography and career.
- Ducks Unlimited TV, Barrett Productions (Highest rated show that season)
- Marty Fischers Show “If It Flies”, The Pursuit Channel
- KSL TV Salt Lake City, Utah, Premier Outdoor Channel (The nation’s fourth largest news station)
- FOX FIVE TV – Calling Demonstration with renown call maker and World Champion Caller Sean Mann
- Trout Unlimited OLN TV, Barrett Productions
- ESPN Television “Do You Wanna Go Fishing”, Fischer Productions
- The New York Times
- Ducks Unlimited
- Gray’s Sporting Journal
- Shooting Sportsman
- Sporting Classics
- Wildfowl Magazine
- Wildfowl Carving and Collecting
- Southampton Press
- …just to mention a few.
OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS INCLUDE:
- 4-Time World Carver Champion “World Gunning Pairs Division”, Champion Level
- 5-Time I.G.F.A. World Record Holder – Fly Rod
- Honored by the Smithsonian Institute and Ward Foundation Mid-Atlantic Invitational for his art.
- Numerous wins in the various carving competitions throughout the country.
- Judged The World Goose Calling Competition in 1995 (The 25th Anniversary of the Easton Waterfowl Festival), and then asked back again to judge in 2019.